10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Happy new year! About that contest-  (Read 6020 times)

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
Happy new year! About that contest-
« on: January 01, 2011, 02:31:35 AM »
When does it end? An exact date was never given. Is there a specific date when it's over? January could be any time this month.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: Happy new year! About that contest-
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:17:26 AM »
The date is given in the rules:

* the competition entries must be submitted via email or in this thread before the 17th of Jan (Monday), 2011, 20:00 GMT

I sincerely hope that a fair chunk of you are close to completion, because this might turn out to be a debacle, despite 2.5 months I gave people to work on their entries. I hope my fears are unbased.

So...it's two more weeks, + this weekend. Time to start wrapping up and polishing your stuff.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
 ::)

Well, you can expect only quality from me. I've been working nonstop five minutes every week.

Tusike

• Novice
    • MSN Messenger - varnaipeti@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:53:56 AM »
I think I'm doing good...

By the way, I need help to find the right words. A tower has the option to select it target based on whether it is fast, slow, has a lot of life or not, is close to the tower or not, and is close to the exit or not. So i have 8 buttons, clicking on one selects the specific target selection:
"Closest", "Farthest" (to the tower)
"Strongest", "Weakest"
"Fastest", "Slowest"
"???", "???"
I don't know any good words for whether the enemy is closest to the exit or not. The best I came up so far is "Most dangerous" or "least", but that doesn't sound too good.

-Tusike

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
Can't think of an adverb where you won't need most/least to form a superlative. Sorry.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist