10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: FBGD Antagonist Competition (Nov 2009 - Jan 2010) - 125 $ 1st prize  (Read 56356 times)

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: FBGD Antagonist Competition (Nov 2009 - Jan 2010) - 125 $ 1st prize
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
Damn, I wish I wasn't running the compo now. :P

Maybe you can try with Josiah Tobin. Send him an email explaining all: jjtobin@shaw.ca
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Zamaster

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 02:18:01 PM »
done

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »
A person from DBF was trying to make an account here on the forum because of the contest but couldn't.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 12:31:18 AM »
His/her nick please....I've been having problems with bots lately, and his/her account application might have been mistaken with a bot.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

nkk_kan

• Forum Howler
  • Let's rocK~!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nkk_kan
    • View Profile
    • nkk's code cache
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 07:08:38 AM »
We've got an idea that we can work on now ( Yeah it's 'we' :D )
To give you an idea of what we're working on : Bomberman.

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »
His/her nick please....I've been having problems with bots lately, and his/her account application might have been mistaken with a bot.
Yeah, I figured that. I haven't had any reply yet on what username he trying to register as here.

Zamaster

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 01:26:52 AM »
I think the deadline is a little early, forcing the development into a rush. If it was pushed to maybe like the end of January, I think a lot higher quality games could be produced. Its just these holiday times are so hectic!

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 01:36:15 AM »
I'm leaning toward that opinion too. I'll probably extend the deadline after this weekend. :)

Mitchell

• Forum Howler
  • Rockin Geek
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 10:19:10 AM »
I think the deadline is a little early, forcing the development into a rush. If it was pushed to maybe like the end of January, I think a lot higher quality games could be produced. Its just these holiday times are so hectic!

Aye. I'm working on the map parser, and it's a lot of work in itself. Timing is going to get a bit difficult with making the engine, maps, and sprites. I'm pretty sure I can get something done by January though. My goal is to get a working demo before Christmas.
Never underestimate the destructive powers of somebody doing something new without having any clue of how to do it. :P

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
I've decided to extend the deadline for two weeks, but this is the FINAL extension. No other extensions will happen no matter what circumtances. Do your best to complete something coherent until 18th of January. Good luck!

ssjx

• Forum Howler
    • View Profile
    • ssjx.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »
Thanks for extending the deadline, although i aim to do a little to my entry this week, i think most will get done in January.

Mitchell

• Forum Howler
  • Rockin Geek
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 08:08:51 PM »
Alright, now that I have internet and computer issues fixed, I've got something starting to work.

The basic idea is that you're a dungeon keeper. It's sort of rpg-ish in that you get xp to get better stats. But you don't get xp from killing enemies (adventurers), you get it from filling up chests with the dropped loot from the enemies. So it's sort of maze-ish too; it's not just about getting to the exit of the level.

But don't worry, I'll add plenty of enemies so you don't feel like you're wandering around aimlessly with nothing to do. :P
Never underestimate the destructive powers of somebody doing something new without having any clue of how to do it. :P

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009, 12:29:24 AM »
The DBF guy's nick is either Clyde Radcliffe or just Clyde,

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »
Could you ask him to re-register and apologize in my name. Thanks. Or maybe you have his email...

ssjx

• Forum Howler
    • View Profile
    • ssjx.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
No major changes, but i have updated the download (source included):

http://ssjx.co.uk/windows/pacman-ghosts.php

It's mostly tweaks and such like:

- Additional map
- Faded ghosts when pacman goes super.
- Animated pacman
- Some graphical tweaks.
- Better file organisation
- General tidying
- Working (but basic) hi-score table

Although the zip includes fruit sprites, they are not used in the game yet. The game will be be continuous in that after you complete all the maps (currently 2), you will go back to the first map but the effects of the super dots will last longer.

Another thing i would like to add is some simple bonus games between levels to win back dead ghosts. Though i should get the main game fully working first!

Anyway, enjoy and i hope everyone has a good christmas!