10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Royal Rumble Ver 1.0  (Read 2842 times)

nkk_kan

• Forum Howler
  • Let's rocK~!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nkk_kan
    • View Profile
    • nkk's code cache
    • Email
Royal Rumble Ver 1.0
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »
Royal Rumble Ver 1.0

A Trump Card Game
Designed using FB 0.18.2 Compiler
By nkk (March 2008)

Changes from previous versions:

- Added gallery feature
- Implemented Adding and Deleting Wrestlers
- Refined the code structure a bit

The game can be download from here

http://nkk.phatcode.net/royal_rumble.html

Screenshots:

nkk
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:54:50 PM by nkk_kan »

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: Royal Rumble Ver 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
Very nice. I kinda hoped for music or at least some sound effects, but it's nice to see someone sure in what he wants and does not want for his debut game.

I like the feature of adding and deleting wrestlers. But, this is just me having wild thoughts, wouldn't it really be cool if the user could define categories too, like change «Biceps» with «Shield power», so he could create his own card game with space ships?

Eh?

And this shouldn't be really difficult to implement. If you go with this, I recommend you to add card set feature, so the user could add card sets and choose with which to play with (so he wouldn't have to delete the wrestlers to add his space ships).

Regarding the game, personally I would like for winning and losing to be presented better, like with a longer pause and some signal marking the winner (like a box blinking around the winner’s picture for a second). Like this I have to keep my eyes wide open to don't miss my and opponent’s selected category.

Lemme know if you want this version to be reviewed for FBGD or if you’ll make some additional changes.

Also, tell me about you sister.

What?

Leave me alone!

:P
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

nkk_kan

• Forum Howler
  • Let's rocK~!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nkk_kan
    • View Profile
    • nkk's code cache
    • Email
Re: Royal Rumble Ver 1.0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
I knew someone is going to suggest "Card Category" feature
but the current card handling subs are not stable and anyways this game was supposed to be wrestler themed :P
..current code structure won't support it(it's noobily programmed :P)..so i'll have to change a lot of code..and i'm kinda demotivated with this project...and i've started another project too..so, i don't think i'll add this one..sorry

and regarding the winning and losing, i've put a 2 second break...i've tried it with more time..but it felt annoying to wait for 4 or 5 seconds...maybe i'll can add time duration feature in options menu and add some more visible winner notification.

and yeah you can review this version.

nkk
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:55:35 PM by nkk_kan »