gfxgfxFreeBASIC Games Directory Forumgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 22, 2019, 07:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 8th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
gfxgfx Home Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "A Love Letter To FreeBASIC" Game Dev Competition (Feb 2019 –Mar 2019) - Round 2  (Read 102 times)
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 16, 2019, 03:32:37 AM »

Hello everyone!

I hope you don't mind me opening a topic for round 2 of the competition, not to clutter the original post which I think should be about round 1 entries, announcing winners, post-results comments, etc. For round 1 participants you can vote here: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=626.0

To remind everyone on the rules:
* the entry must reference FreeBASIC in some way, the FreeBASIC community, or its members (it can be more or less related to gameplay, a backdrop, a vague theme, you can toy with the horse mascot for example, make a cyberpunk RPG where you hack using FB, you name it, …)
* the entry must be compiled in FreeBASIC
* source code must be provided with the entry
* all libraries wrapped for FreeBASIC are allowed (FBgfx, GL2D, OpenGL, SDL, ...)
* the competition entries must be submitted via email or in this thread before the 8th of April 2019, 18:00 GMT (EXTENDED!)
* the winner will receive 300 $ cash prize paid via PayPal or Bitcoin or Etherium; the runnerup will receive a 100 $ cash prize
* in case of donations during the course of the competition, prizes will be increased
* all entries will be evaluated by competition sponsors (those who forked their own cash), while one category will be based on community votes
* teams are allowed
* non-original work MUST be credited (music, graphics, story, ...)
* to be eligible for round 2, you must have not (or any team member) actively participated in round 1

Once more, if you are developing for round 2, be so kind to share few words about your work and what we can expect.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:24:52 PM by Lachie Dazdarian » Logged

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
gothon
Amoeba

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »

I am participating in Round 2 here is my Work In Progress (WIP)
https://github.com/gothon/FBPoL
There are some prebuilt executables in the Bin subfolder.

Currently there is not much you can do as I need to work more on the game engine and the player programing has no front end!  However you can zoom & rotate the orthogonally rendered Voxel scenery.  Does anyone see that block of code printed in the console?  That is not my program, that is YOUR program.  As PlayerN you are the developer of software that can be used to control these Robots.
BotGo 2, "", (MultiKey(75) - MultiKey(77)), 0, (MultiKey(72) - MultiKey(80))
Hint, there are some enum constants used here that are displayed numerically:

BotMoveTo = 2
SC_LEFT = 75
SC_RIGHT = 77
SC_UP = 72
SC_DOWN = 80

'ToDo: Make Implementation & Write Documentation
Sub BotGo (Action As Integer = BotMoveTo, Target As String = "", X As Integer = 0, Y As Integer = 0, Z As Integer = 0)

Some additional keys to control the main program:
 - Press Esc to exit
 - Press Alt+'~' to cycle window size (eventually you will get a screen sized window, and if you have multiple monitors it will eventually cover all monitors!)
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 06:20:55 AM »

Anyone else doing anthing for round 2?

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 01:53:03 PM »

I'm going for it. I failed round 1. damn it if i fail round 2. If I do I'll camp on an island for a couple of years green arrow style.

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 03:46:55 PM »

Deadline extended until 8th of April.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: