10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: FBGD Seasons of the Year Competition (Nov 2012 – March 2013), 350 $ 1st prize  (Read 148871 times)

landeel

• Forum Howler
  • http://cmcgames.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • CMC Games
I think mine will be ready before 18th february anyway.

But if everyone agrees, it's okay with me. No problem.

Having more open source complete games made in FreeBASIC, everybody wins.  :D

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dr_davenstein
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
I think mine will be ready before 18th february anyway.

But if everyone agrees, it's okay with me. No problem.

Having more open source complete games made in FreeBASIC, everybody wins.  :D

Good man! that's the spirit!  :D

Eponasoft

• Novice
  • I Am... Kaiaphas.
    • View Profile
    • Eponasoft
My entry is mostly playable at this point... some details remain but most of the game mechanics are in place. It's not playable enough yet to warrant any kind of public demo though. I had to do some minor rewriting of the enemy state machines to accommodate vulnerability ranges but that was a minor detail... besides, it should have been clean like that from the start. Oh well, lesson learned. :)

Btw, for those of you with Facebook accts, I am maintaining an album of screenshots there if you want to see how this is progressing.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4829098772653.181355.1452109032&type=3

Hope that link works. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:36:57 PM by Eponasoft »

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
I can't get back to one person, but I'm 100 % sure he won't object...so here we go.

I will postpone the deadline for two more weeks, so the compo will end on 4th of March. This is the final deadline so what you make till then, that's it. Game over!

Hopefully this will allow all of you who are deep into their entries, to complete them as intended. Good luck!
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Eponasoft

• Novice
  • I Am... Kaiaphas.
    • View Profile
    • Eponasoft
That's alright with me... it gives some extra time for some additional polish.

Jonge

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • codeheim.NET
Great! :) This gives me hope of finishing my entry.

I'm currently working on some path finding. Well not real pathfinding, but navigating around objects. Its still not working properly, sometimes objects end up going back and forth forever.

Edit: Made some adjustments, now things are working a lot better. The only thing that probably needs to be added, is a way for the enemies to stop following their path when they are moving away from the hero(because he has moved since the path was given).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:46:04 PM by Jonge »
codeheim.NET - Homemade game madness!

relsoft

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well, I guess we'll have an extension but I'm not in favor of the extension myself.  I cannot work on my entry after Feb 18th due to some circumstances I'm not allowed to discuss here (NDA).  So either I finish my entry before Feb 18th or bust.

Jonge

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • codeheim.NET
Well, I guess we'll have an extension but I'm not in favor of the extension myself.  I cannot work on my entry after Feb 18th due to some circumstances I'm not allowed to discuss here (NDA).  So either I finish my entry before Feb 18th or bust.
I hope you don't have to much against the extension, its only a couple of weeks. I'm glad for the extension because I missed a couple of weeks of work because of sickness and (RL) work. I probably wont have a finished game for the compo anyway, maybe 2 out of 4 levels.
Heh, I read NDA as DNA the first time ;)

Eponasoft

• Novice
  • I Am... Kaiaphas.
    • View Profile
    • Eponasoft
I detest NDAs and stopped using them when contracting developers. None of the people working for me right now are bound to an NDA.

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
Sorry for not being responsive Lachie. Been decked most of the past week. Indeed I dont object not that I'm not sure how much it really will benifit myself. However things goes Herzblut lives.

Jonge

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • codeheim.NET
I don't have time write much, but heres a couple of screenshots:

A bit more info can be found in my DevLog, http://www.codeheim.net/index.php?page=projects&i=7&news_i=34&projectsubpage=news

Edit:
Quiet here lately?

New shot after some bug fixing:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:01:58 AM by Jonge »

landeel

• Forum Howler
  • http://cmcgames.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • CMC Games
Yeah, I think I'll be done by the weekend. I just have to do the map for the last level now.
 ;D

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Looking better and better, Jonge. Hope to see at least half of the game ready for the compo. Curious about the story and how you incorporated the theme in your game.

Nice to hear that Landeel. Remember, you can never have enough of polish. :)

Maybe try to create some eye-candy intro/outro before the deadline, if the very game will be finished two weeks earlier.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Eponasoft

• Novice
  • I Am... Kaiaphas.
    • View Profile
    • Eponasoft
Mine's progressing nicely right now... just finished mapping out another area (Winter). The only area I've not yet started on is Autumn, but only because finding the appropriate graphics has been a pain... might just recolor some of the ones I have already, that might do the trick. Autumn will be a lot easier than Spring and Winter, which were a challenge to develop (especially Winter!). Summer was the easiest; it took just a couple of hours, but Winter took about 15 hours to finish... lots of revisions were required to make it playable. It's also the most challenging gameplay-wise, which isn't saying much because the game overall isn't all that hard (for me anyway, but then again, I designed it, and platformers are my favorite genre besides RPGs). Winter just has multiple areas of "you mess up here, you start over!" and there's always ice involved with those areas. :P

FotonCat

• Amoeba
    • ICQ Messenger - 190720134
    • View Profile
    • FotonCat Soft
    • Email
Can't wait to try all these masterpieces! Come on! Show your best, guys!  ;)
Wooohooo!!!  :D
FotonCat Soft