gfxgfxFreeBASIC Games Directory Forumgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2017, 03:48:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
14.09.2014 - Check the results of our latest game dev competition here: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=606.0
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
gfxgfx Home Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: FBGD Seasons of the Year Competition (Nov 2012 March 2013), 350 $ 1st prize  (Read 73409 times)
Jonge
Novice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »

BadMrBox: Nice to hear Smiley

No progress for me today, only procrastination..

Edit: Well, managed to add a few lines today to. I have the main frame of the engine put together with initialization, loading gfx, a mainloop, gathering input and shutting down.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:49:40 PM by Jonge » Logged

codeheim.NET - Homemade game madness!
Dr_D
Forum Sage

dr_davenstein
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 07:19:20 PM »

Nice theme. Decent prize. Probably wont be able to participate because I work constantly, but I will try as hard as I can to watch the fun! Smiley
landeel
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 08:51:33 AM »

I have started mine already, and it looks very promising. I hope I can finish it.

Ryan
Novice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »

I think I would personally took a crack at some survival, food growing game. Gardening maybe.

That's what I was thinking. Still trying to see if there's an enjoyable game in there somewhere, but for me it would be inspired by the most excellent board game Agricola and a recent read through Pillars of the Earth. Cheesy
BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »

Growing food is definitely going to be in my entry.

BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »

Gamepad support added.
I'm using one of theese by the way. Works and feels exactly like the original.

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 02:51:21 PM »

I need a gamepad to grow letuce?

Tongue

j/k

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
landeel
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »

Wow, I love those retro gamepads. Where did you buy this? I have a big collection.

This is my favourite by the way:

BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »

I bought it at a local gamestore. I also picked up a ps2 copy gamepad at the same time because I needed one with analog sticks too.
Retrolink seems to be making copies of all controls ever, from genesis to n64.

Ryan
Novice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »

That gamepad is beautiful. Cheesy
Mitchell
Forum Howler

Rockin Geek

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »

Wow, lots of great ideas. Smiley

So far I got the main server loop up and accepting user connections. Right now I'm working on letting the clients connect to the server. Afterwards work on parts of the client interface as well as basic user management (op-ing, kicking, account types). I also worked out some more details on how I want to make the game.

BTW, single player mode will just be the client running a local server in the background. Since I'm not planning on having enough time to implement a decent AI, single player mode may just be limited to completing objectives. Also, the game may initially be windows-only. But the server code/executable will be distributed with the client, so don't worry.

Never underestimate the destructive powers of somebody doing something new without having any clue of how to do it. Tongue
SMC
Recruit

9999HP

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »

Wow, I love those retro gamepads. Where did you buy this? I have a big collection.

This is my favourite by the way:

You can get NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis style USB pads at retro zone also.

http://www.retrousb.com/
relsoft
Recruit

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 07:25:20 AM »

Wow!!! I wish I could get one of those!!!!!

Good luck to the entrants!

My free time is spent on my Platforming tutorial so I don't think I could make a playable entry. :*(
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »

Hrm....back to the TOPIC....any progress guys? Would love to hear who new started, and those who already posted such news, how is their project developing. Thanks!

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
ssjx
Forum Howler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »

I've started but it is very rough at the moment, a bit too early to put up a demo but i am aiming for next week with luck.

I've attached 2 screenshots. At the moment i am reusing last years graphics but recoloured for testing, not sure if they will stay but i do like the ZX Spectrum style! Smiley Using a higher res than usual too...

I am using this as an excuse to try out FB's object oriented stuff which means rewrting of some of the functions that i often reuse! It also means some head scratching when thing don't work as expected...

Again, heavily work in progress...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:57:57 PM by ssjx » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Print
Jump to: