gfxgfxFreeBASIC Games Directory Forumgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 21, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
14.09.2014 - Check the results of our latest game dev competition here: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=606.0
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
gfxgfx Home Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: What are you working on now?  (Read 7257 times)
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »

With things going so f...ing slow lately, I decided to open a new "what are you working on" type of thread, and I begin by posting a screenshots of a new project I'm working on.

The graphics are placeholders. The game is actually a remake of an old QB Sokoban-like game. The code will be completely rewritten, new graphics drawn, new presentation designed. Only the level design and gameplay will be kept.

I am fortunate enough to work with a really good pixel artist this time (who also happens to be a FB programmer), so it will probably be the best looking game I was involved in ever, and maybe a foundation for some future more awesome collaborations.

Anything new with you guys? You have all been awfully silent lately. Come back! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:13:04 AM by Lachie Dazdarian » Logged

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
ecxjoe
Novice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »

Looks awesome!

mambazo
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »

Toying around with some old-school voxel & noise generator techniques. Dunno what I'll do with it, if anything, yet...

N3trunn3r
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »

Toying around with some old-school voxel & noise generator techniques. Dunno what I'll do with it, if anything, yet...
OMG I love this!!
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »

Oh, hai N3trunn3r. How's life? Smiley

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
SMC
Recruit

9999HP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »

I got a wild hair and decided to play around with some C and directX programming.  I don't think I'll be doing that again.   Sad
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »

Some of the new GFX from my project. Oh well, I can as well reveal what it is. Bozula Block Buster REDUX!

SMC
Recruit

9999HP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »

That looks cool.  I assume the object of the game is to rescue those little one eyed guys?
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »

Yup.

3D
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »

I'm really liking the looks of the tiles, is this all your own work Lachie?  Shocked If so then great job on learning pixel art, glad your doing stuff with tile engines again.

EDIT: that voxcaster engine looks incredible as well, if you don't make something with it your crazy Mambazo Tongue
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:38:17 AM by 3D » Logged
BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »

I'm working on the game I was doing for LD. Well, I haven't touched it since LD but I have started doing some tiles for it. I have decided against doing it any bigger than I originally planned or add stuff. It'll be exactly what I envisioned for the contest but failed to do.

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 02:50:23 AM »

Which contest was it, BarMrBox?

BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »

Doh, I never wrote the full name of the contest.  Ludum Dare Jam 24. The theme where evolution.

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »

What happened to that mini RPG game of yours? Are we talking about the same thing?

BadMrBox
Forum Sage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »

What happened to that mini RPG game of yours? Are we talking about the same thing?
The minirpg? I guess its Eternal Quest you mean. It's about 70-80% done but then I accidentally f'ed up the mapeditor I used for the project. It is now repaired.
So, I should finish the game.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: