10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: What are you working on now?  (Read 14347 times)

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
What are you working on now?
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
With things going so f...ing slow lately, I decided to open a new "what are you working on" type of thread, and I begin by posting a screenshots of a new project I'm working on.

The graphics are placeholders. The game is actually a remake of an old QB Sokoban-like game. The code will be completely rewritten, new graphics drawn, new presentation designed. Only the level design and gameplay will be kept.

I am fortunate enough to work with a really good pixel artist this time (who also happens to be a FB programmer), so it will probably be the best looking game I was involved in ever, and maybe a foundation for some future more awesome collaborations.

Anything new with you guys? You have all been awfully silent lately. Come back! :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:13:04 AM by Lachie Dazdarian »
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

ecxjoe

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Delta Code
Re: What are you working on now?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:26:38 PM »
Looks awesome!

mambazo

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Toying around with some old-school voxel & noise generator techniques. Dunno what I'll do with it, if anything, yet...

N3trunn3r

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:22:04 PM »
Toying around with some old-school voxel & noise generator techniques. Dunno what I'll do with it, if anything, yet...
OMG I love this!!

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »
Oh, hai N3trunn3r. How's life? :)
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

SMC

• Recruit
  • 9999HP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
I got a wild hair and decided to play around with some C and directX programming.  I don't think I'll be doing that again.   :(

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
Some of the new GFX from my project. Oh well, I can as well reveal what it is. Bozula Block Buster REDUX!

SMC

• Recruit
  • 9999HP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:35 PM »
That looks cool.  I assume the object of the game is to rescue those little one eyed guys?

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:54:22 AM »
Yup.

3D

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 01:36:40 AM »
I'm really liking the looks of the tiles, is this all your own work Lachie?  :o If so then great job on learning pixel art, glad your doing stuff with tile engines again.

EDIT: that voxcaster engine looks incredible as well, if you don't make something with it your crazy Mambazo :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:38:17 AM by 3D »

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »
I'm working on the game I was doing for LD. Well, I haven't touched it since LD but I have started doing some tiles for it. I have decided against doing it any bigger than I originally planned or add stuff. It'll be exactly what I envisioned for the contest but failed to do.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 02:50:23 AM »
Which contest was it, BarMrBox?

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
Doh, I never wrote the full name of the contest.  Ludum Dare Jam 24. The theme where evolution.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
What happened to that mini RPG game of yours? Are we talking about the same thing?

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »
What happened to that mini RPG game of yours? Are we talking about the same thing?
The minirpg? I guess its Eternal Quest you mean. It's about 70-80% done but then I accidentally f'ed up the mapeditor I used for the project. It is now repaired.
So, I should finish the game.