10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Larry the Dinosaur 2: Nine Years Later  (Read 14822 times)

ecxjoe

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Delta Code
Larry the Dinosaur 2: Nine Years Later
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
It was Halloween evening, October 31st, 2002. A game I had been working on since the summer was almost finished. I wanted to released on this day, for some odd reason. Honestly, it still needed a ton of work; it had many bugs, and it had some poor design issues that needed to be addressed. But at the time, my programming skills weren't too great and I had enough of the project. I played through the game several times that night, fixing up what I could, and then I submitted it to various sites. The game was Larry the Dinosaur 2.

Read the rest at http://deltacode.blogspot.com.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: Larry the Dinosaur 2: Nine Years Later
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 03:21:40 AM »
Thanks for this article. Larry the Dinosaur 2 was one of my all time favorite QB games, and has a dear spot in my heart of all the games I ever played.

I really do hope you'll start developing part 3 in FB in the near future. Even an unoriginal copy of part 2 with new story and setting would be enough for me.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

ecxjoe

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Delta Code
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »
Thanks! The third game has always been on my to-do list since the last one. I can't make any promises though. If I get around to it, I probably won't make any announcements until the beta stage; I've attempted it a number of times and none of those incarnations made it to the finish. But I will keep trying. :)

na_th_an

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
Larry the Dinosaur was one of my main inspirations during my time as an active QB developer. Very interesting blog :)

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dr_davenstein
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »
Wow... na_th_an? cool! nice to see ya buddy!

na_th_an

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 03:23:02 AM »
Nice to see you too :)