10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Great youtube series  (Read 1764 times)

N3trunn3r

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Great youtube series
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »
"Why redraw the whole screen, why not redraw the parts that change..."
I love it! 8)
Thanks for the link, my day is saved! ;D

I love the old days... I played Quake when I was 13 and it scared the shit out of me :o but I couldn't stop playing :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:13:58 AM by N3trunn3r »

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: Great youtube series
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:44:31 PM »
Thanks for the links. Just finished watching 3 videos on id software. Great stuff.

I only wish someone made similar videos about Amiga gaming industry, the one I grew up upon. I think they had the best game for personal computers in the early nineties. Doom tuned the tables, yes, but in art design, presentation and that magic factor, id's stuff was rather dull compared to Amiga games. I mean, Commander Keen compared to Turrican II simply blows.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist