10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Two Lords - ALMOST FINISHED  (Read 35983 times)

notthecheatr

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Sage
  • Who's the guy from 21 Jump Street?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - notthecheatr
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - TheMysteriousStrangerFromMars
    • View Profile
    • notthecheatr Home
    • Email
Re: Two Lords - ALMOST FINISHED
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »
Well it'd certainly be nice.  Normally of course I'd play the game in full-screen.  But at school, it's much nicer to be able to hide the window instantly if I need to.
The funniest thing happened yesterday.

Eponasoft

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 06:49:28 AM »
Full keyboard support has been added, and the mouse can be disabled at will. This means that the game can now be run in a window.

notthecheatr

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Sage
  • Who's the guy from 21 Jump Street?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - notthecheatr
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - TheMysteriousStrangerFromMars
    • View Profile
    • notthecheatr Home
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »
SWEET!!!  Thank you!
The funniest thing happened yesterday.

Eponasoft

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
I forgot to add an option for look up and down to the keyboard. :D Noticed it was a problem when playing windowed...when the mouse goes out of bounds, the view goes all screwy and you can't get it back with the keyboard just yet. I'll fix that...

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2008, 05:27:06 PM »
This all seems like much ado about nothing to be, but I'm glad you are done with it (you are?) and are not free to dedicate to more important work on this project.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Eponasoft

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
Don't worry, I'll be back to work on level design very soon. :D It's still been a little difficult adjusting from the old RTe-based engine limitations. But yes, the control scheme should be done and over with now.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »
RTe?
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dr_davenstein
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 07:21:07 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, that's the engine that made Angelo quit programing in QBasic because almost everything was programed in assembly.  :D

Eponasoft

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
Yes, that's the one. Two Lords was originally based on that engine, and it was limited to only 16 textures. When ported to FB, it retained the 16 texture limitation, although Lithium's engine supports 128 textures. I've been slowly adding in new textures, but never felt the need to expand the map format too much, so ceilings and floors are still limited to 16 textures, but walls can now use 32 textures. My map editor is still the same map editor I used for the original QB version, though it has been updated to use more textures for walls. It's getting there slowly. :D

Eponasoft

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
Well, it seems as if all the beta testers disappeared. :( So I dunno what to do with the beta test now...

Ryan

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Ryan's Blog
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 10:36:50 PM »
heh  I was thinking about that... I had a good bit of time the first weekend, but this one's already filling itself up.  And my wife gives me grief when I'm playing a game (even for the noble purpose of finding bugs!) and she's doing work.  I still haven't got to test out the latest version or windowed mode.  My apologies.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »
Your wife gives you grief for playing games?!? Shees!

Bah, that's why I'm not getting married (not really because of that, but you know that already).

I'll try to find time to play Act 04 today. Really busy. Sorry.

Eponasoft

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008, 01:08:32 PM »
No problem guys, I'm just being dramatic. ;D

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
I have been a busy little bee the last couple of days doing stuff. I'll be back finding bugs next week :)

Eponasoft

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »
A new image for y'all to see:

Act 04 was revised with better textures, more environmental objects, and an overall improved level geometry.