10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Golf Solitaire  (Read 3026 times)

rdc

• Novice
  • If (Rnd * 100) = 1 Then Print "You're in trouble!"
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
Golf Solitaire
« on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »
Some screens of my WIP golf solitaire card game. Play nine holes (deals) and try to get the lowest score.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Re: Golf Solitaire
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:32 AM »
Sounds like an interesting concept. When do you plan to complete it?
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

rdc

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
It is mostly done now. I need to add in the instruction screen and do the save and load. I am going to try a get a test version out this week. I updated the gallery with some new screens. See the link in the first post.

You'll be able to use either the mouse or the keyboard to play this. The numbers above the card columns are the key shortcuts to play the exposed card in the column. The menu also has keyboard access by selecting the underlined keys. There is a music soundtrack and the game has some simple sound effects. Both can be toggled off/on.

I thought this would be a good project to mess with my card object since I haven't done much with after doing the Yablon card game.

Something I might do next with my card object is a version of Card RPG: http://www.pagat.com/invented/cardrpg.pdf (PDF). Might be fun to try this, although a custom card set might be better than just regular playing cards. I can plug-in different cards in my card object, I could still use the routines for custom cards.

rdc

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »
The only left on this is to implement the high score and fix up some odds and ends. I should have a version out in the next couple of days.

rdc

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:12:53 AM »
Updated the gallery with some new pics. Trying to squash some bugs on this. Getting there.