10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Are you working on a game/game dev related project?  (Read 43496 times)

Eponasoft

• Novice
  • I Am... Kaiaphas.
    • View Profile
    • Eponasoft
Re: Are you working on a game/game dev related project?
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2008, 06:44:55 AM »
I've got a game coded in FB that I will probably be releasing in about three weeks or so, depending on free time (which is looking scarce in the next two weeks).

codezer0

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2008, 07:22:17 AM »
My latest pong, probably gonna move onto something else 'cause whatever I try to add fails.

http://www.file-pasta.com/file/pong2d.rar

If it runs slow run dosbox or icq in the background

ssjx

• Forum Howler
    • View Profile
    • ssjx.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2009, 06:51:13 AM »
Hi, i've uploaded another update for my Armour Ranger platform game:

http://ssjx.co.uk/windows/armour.php

Beside the new level, most of the changes are not visible ones. There is still a lack of acceleration in falling/jumping and there may still be timing issues, i've gone for a simple 'sleep 15' which seems fine on my pc but may cause the game to run slowly on slower pcs.

Although there is about a 9 month gap in releases, i've only recently restarted work on this game which is why some things have not been fixed. This gap is due to lack of time and doing some java / cybiko projects...

I was going to tack this onto the previous game thread but after reading the 'this post is over 120 days' message i thought here may be better.

Here is the original thread http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=109.0

Thanks for looking!

rdc

• Novice
  • If (Rnd * 100) = 1 Then Print "You're in trouble!"
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2009, 01:51:49 PM »
My Alphabit Rogue project is about 75% done. I should have a testing version within a couple of weeks (hopefully). You can check out the current screenshots on my Live gallery. I am still working on the commands so the command list will probably change.

This will be a coffeebreak roguelike. The idea on this is that the whole game is based on letters. Everything in the game--monsters, items and stats are based on letters. The goal is to find the Golden Dictionary and escape the dungeon. Of course in order to escape you will need to unlock the secret word for each level using the letters you have accumulated and the Golden Dictionary.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
That sounds fun. Can't wait to play it.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
Time to revive this topic.

Anyway, I'm working on something. Since I'm not ready to talk about it in great details, this thread seems suitable.

So here is sumthin' I'm working on:

It's basically an action game with glowline polylines, created with relsoft's GL2D.

The engine turned out to be much more cumbersome to complete than I expected in the beginning so this, instead of being in finishing stage by now (or released), is in the middle of the development process. Hard to tell, as I want to have great sound/music support, and there is like 10 % of that completed at this point. The game engine is 90 % finished now, but I don't know how much polishing and "bells and whistles" will take time to complete. I'm hoping game balancing won't be much cumbersome. Another "small" game that proves once more challenging to actually complete. Games are hard....to dev. ;)

I'm not pressuring myself for any release dates. But it will be done. Eventually. And hopefully this year. :)
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

rdc

• Novice
  • If (Rnd * 100) = 1 Then Print "You're in trouble!"
    • View Profile
    • Clark Productions
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 08:32:54 AM »
Looks good. Looks a bit like the old vector games, which I liked.

nkk_kan

• Forum Howler
  • Let's rocK~!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nkk_kan
    • View Profile
    • nkk's code cache
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
You'd better be working on this game Lachie.. Where's my beta?!!!!  ???  ::)

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2011, 03:59:09 AM »
nookies... :)

It will be done. Only...yeah, I'm procrastinating. :/

darkhog

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
I'm working on creepypasta game. More details when I'm done.

niz567

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
I had some difficulty when creating a game, because found no good tile editor. Does anybody know a good one?
If nobody knows any, I'd like to create my own tile editor, so will need help on how to use/access Windows Clipboard, to copy and paste images to/from other image editors.
Thanks!

darkhog

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
I think this isn't best topic to ask such things, niz567.

For tile editing (I hope you mean tileset editing, not level/tilemap editing), I use gimp with grid set to tilesize I want. Then either I can cut it into single tiles in game code or pre cut it with some tool.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
niz, Tile Studio does the trick for me.

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/

niz567

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »
Thanks guys! I know tilestudio but don't like it.
Excuses for asking this here.

N3trunn3r

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 03:19:36 AM »
Try "Graphics Gale Free" this is what I use.