gfxgfxFreeBASIC Games Directory Forumgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 10:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
14.09.2014 - Check the results of our latest game dev competition here: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=606.0
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
gfxgfx Home Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Rise of the Bustrons! :p  (Read 10954 times)
Dr_D
Forum Sage

dr_davenstein
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:29:56 PM »

Here's a new game using FBEXT by Sir_Mud and I called, Dr. Mudball's Laboratory: Rise of the Bustrons. It's good! Eat lots of it! 

This actually started out as a demo after playing Jezzball and Filler on Flash and we thought it would be nice to have some little games like that in FB. That being the case, we didn't really plan far enough ahead to add a bunch of things we ended up wanting without pretty much re-writing the entire game. We've decided to release this one and make a sequel to expand on the game-play and gfx. The new one will have many surprises, most of which I'm not going to tell you about, but just to list a couple... you will be able to grow different shapes and there will be many power-ups/pitfalls.

Anyway, without further adieu, here's a cool screenshot and a link to the download page.
If you like it, post your scores! Cheesy

http://drmudball.googlepages.com/index.html
Conexion
Recruit

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »

Blahhhh, Circles are so iinefficient!!! (D^2 - (1/2)D^2 * pi = a lot of area!) ... very fun game man... Once I get a score on the list though, I hit escape and often times it skips the high score screen! What do I need to do? Cheesy Fun music! Great job.
Dr_D
Forum Sage

dr_davenstein
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »

Ih-uh... that sounds like a bug. We'll check into it.  Thanks.  Cheesy
sir_mud
Amoeba

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:23:26 AM »

i've noticed it sometimes will skip the final screen also, if you make it on to the highscores list however, it will go directly to the name input instead of closing.

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes speeding down the highway." - Andrew Tannebaum
nkk_kan
Forum Howler

Let's rocK~!

nkk_kan
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:06 AM »

wtf.. why does it happen with me! V_V

When i'm playing and sometimes if the mouse goes out of the window (for pausing), the balls suddenly vanish!
Does it happen on any other's pc? I had reached lvl 16 and it happened  Sad Sad

Dr_D
Forum Sage

dr_davenstein
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:53:34 PM »

Sorry, I don't know. maybe an issue with Vista? Sad
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »

Awesome gameplay. I loved it. And the ball collision physics...brilliant!

My score: 58801

There were only two downers. The default FB font (use a custom made font, please) and somewhat lacking explosions effect.

Other than that, excellent work already.

Can't wait for the sequel.

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
Dr_D
Forum Sage

dr_davenstein
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

Thanks. The new one will feature better fonts & stuff. Honestly, we kinda hastily finished this one up, since what we wanted to add would require a start from scratch anyway. Wink
Pritchard
Global Moderator
Forum Howler

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »

This is badass.

Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »

These images are clearly photoshoped. Tongue

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist
nkk_kan
Forum Howler

Let's rocK~!

nkk_kan
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 01:27:54 AM »

@Dr_D : No. XP here.

Score : 146955

RayTomes
Amoeba

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 08:04:05 AM »

My first game 78,360 but I didn't read the rules first, so I lost a few lives learning.  :-)
Also, I didn't know what to do when it said high score. I looked at the forum and it mentioned hitting escape so I did that and something that might have been high scores flashed p for 5 ms and was gone.

Hey, fun game!  Well done!

Second game I got to level 12 (again? or was it 11 last time) and score 103,173. It gets a bit frantic for an old fellow at that stage.

A couple of things that I think are bugs.

1. When I hit my ball against the side a bit hard the game pauses sometimes. No, I now see that this is when I take the pointer out of the screen it pauses - a feature not a bug.

2. Not getting in the high score charts! On my third game (at 4 am) I did my worst score and it let me into the high score charts ... just checking, we are supposed to get a high score, right?  ;-)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:57:29 AM by RTomes » Logged

Ryan
Novice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »

Very cool game. Cheesy  Even my wife looked on impressed.

EDIT: Since everybody's doing it.... here's my high score:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:08:49 PM by Ryan » Logged
Lachie Dazdarian
Double dipper
Administrator
Forum Sage

lachie13
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »

Thanks to everyone for making me realize how much I suck in this game. Tongue

RayTomes
Amoeba

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »

Well done Ryan. My best is now over 200,000 but not near to yours. I guess that to get further it is necessary to jam more of the little blighters under the balls that are dropped. Not easy though.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: