10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: A screen by screen scrolling engine with a map editor (ver. 0.4.2) - 10.02.08  (Read 31508 times)

vdecampo

• Forum Howler
  • Apocalypse is Forever!
    • View Profile
    • Easton Computers
Re: A screen by screen scrolling engine with a map editor (ver. 0.4) - 09.02.08
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Ahh....Most impressive. Very good work. It's very smooth and fast on my PC (P4 3.0/1Gb/XPP).

NOW GET BACK TO WORK ON BARREN!  ;D

-Vince
Cheers!
-Vince

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »
Thanks. Well, it should run smooth on really old PC so...

Anyway, I did work on Barren a little last weekend. Erm...did you read my PM and the email that warned you about it?

I never got your feedback on that image.

"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

vdecampo

• Forum Howler
  • Apocalypse is Forever!
    • View Profile
    • Easton Computers
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Yes I did see it and it's looking good. I have been in a crisis mode for my work these last two weeks and expect it to last 2-3 more days before I get things in order. I have been re-working the junk scene. I should have that fininshed soon.

-Vince
Cheers!
-Vince

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
NP. I just like to....you know....stay in contact regarding the project.

Anyway, I updated the engine. It softened the colliding objects and made the characters' colliding legs only to be a black rectangle (not drawn). Making characters’ real legs sprites as the collision objects was overkill. Much smoother now, although don't expect when you crawl into a tree root for the program to slide you backwards if you move left and right. That’s not even realistic, if we are going to venture into the topic of realism.
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist