10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Shmup Pixel Craft Generator - great for making pixel ships, bullets, and more!!  (Read 8305 times)

Adigun A. Polack

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to you all!!!  I am Adigun Azikiwe Polack, and I am truly most delighted that I have something amazing to show you awesome FreeBASIC Game people out there!!!  It is an original game-dev tool that I made entitled Shmup Pixel Craft Generator, and you surely do not want to miss it now!!  ;D

Created using both FreeBASIC v0.18.3b and the forthcoming new AFlib2 Remixed, this program is definitely the one that can actually generate up to millions upon millions of custom-made ships as well as let you save custom sprite sheets of them, just to really help you get started in your 2d game or shmup developing indeed.  Take a look:

...and here, it also lets users scale his/her own pixel craft up and down a bit, creating bullets, missiles, and even some options to boot!!!  Interesting enough for you to give this baby a try, hmmm?  ;)=b

Speaking of which, here is the game utility program for you to download right here:

• Shmup Pixel Craft Generator (ver. 2008-02-23)

...and enjoy it richly!!  Thank you all so much for your time, and constructive/encouraging feedback on the program indeed is *quite* welcome!!!  :D

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
It looks rad. Gonna download.

Leonheart

Errr..... maybe to many... so, all in one screen ???
You have nice welcome for your first post 8)

Welcome to this forum jungle Adigun A. Polack.
Don't miss to Greetz to Lachie too.

Adigun A. Polack

• Amoeba
    • View Profile
Hello to you Leonheart, and such a pleasure to meet you at these forums here!!  ;)

By the way, I am seriously planning on implementing a custom pixel-craft generation routine in my forthcoming new FB game lib that I am currently finishing up on entitled AFlib2 Remixed, where it will create for you an individual pixel ship instead of having a whole list of them all the time... I promise.

And thank you so much for the welcome, too!!!  ;D

Leonheart

Aye, aye! From freebasic.net
Adigun A. Polack Joined 27 May 2005. Post 208. Web http://aapproj.phatcode.net/

Hey! You are..... (old member)

Hezad

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Niice ! Well, as LeonHeart said, i think there are too much sprites on screen.
So much that I have the impression that all the sprites are the same (Even if I know there are not).
And 18x19 is the max dimension ? It could be even more awesome if it could generate up to 32x32 (or more ^^) sprites.

Really good work though :) I guess this utility can be really useful for some games.

Oh and Welcome ^^