10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: My update wishlist  (Read 6327 times)

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
My update wishlist
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
Yes, this is related to the site. I saw up at the top:
01.11. - An update is coming soon, as well as a sponsored game making competion with a 1st prize of cash up to 50 $! Stay tuned.
Well, I know about the second part, but nobody told me there was an update coming! Here's what we need:

-OSX or Unix support
-Implicit variables
-A 3D software rendering library
-The ability to link a DLL into the executable

Tusike

• Novice
    • MSN Messenger - varnaipeti@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My update wishlist
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
An update to this site is coming, not to FreeBasic.

-Tusike

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
An update to this site is coming, not to FreeBasic.

-Tusike
:o

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dr_davenstein
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »
I don't see anyone spending much time on a 3d software library. I know I wont anyway. It's too much work for no good reason. If you really need one, the best thing is to just study and program it yourself. Then again, there are some raytracing libs that fb can hook in to. Maybe you're interested in that kind of thing?

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
I don't see anyone spending much time on a 3d software library. I know I wont anyway. It's too much work for no good reason. If you really need one, the best thing is to just study and program it yourself. Then again, there are some raytracing libs that fb can hook in to. Maybe you're interested in that kind of thing?
Wohoa, raytracing is waaaayyy to advanced for me. Don't you mean raycasted 2.5D? I can make one of those. What I'm really looking for though is a rasterizer that supports textures, and maybe a few effects.