10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Code Containers  (Read 7025 times)

dabooda

• Forum Howler
    • View Profile
    • DaBooda Gaming
    • Email
Code Containers
« on: August 28, 2008, 11:25:38 AM »
Maybe this is just on my end, but when posts have large sections of code wouldn't it be better if that code was in a box with a scroll bar, like fb.net? Again this might be implemented but something on my end keeps it from happening. Something weird that happens is when I scroll up the page, the bottom line of the code box just keeps drawing, so I get code that looks like it has old fashioned tv scanlines in it. It clears when I minimize the browser and bring it back up, strange but this is most likely on my end.

Not to sound too much like a &$#ch fest, if there are no scroll bars on code boxes, can they be implemented?

DaBooda out...
Baa...Baa...Bang! F&#K! I'm Wool!

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
Re: Code Containers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »
There isn't any solutions made for SMF like that sadly (not on their homepage atleast) otherwise it would have been installed already. We have had this subject up before and the code selection the forum has now was the best alternative then.
Something weird that happens is when I scroll up the page, the bottom line of the code box just keeps drawing, so I get code that looks like it has old fashioned tv scanlines in it. It clears when I minimize the browser and bring it back up, strange but this is most likely on my end.
You are not alone, happens to me too.

dabooda

• Forum Howler
    • View Profile
    • DaBooda Gaming
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »
I looked but didn't see anything about it on....the first page. ;D

I guess it would have been discussed already, my bad. And the scanline thing isn't to bothersome, but now that I know that I am not alone I feel a certain amount of comfort and can begin going to public places and being in closets again.

DaBooda out...
Baa...Baa...Bang! F&#K! I'm Wool!

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »
begin going to public places and being in closets again.
I'm glad that I could... help? :D

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »
A quick search at SMF Mods section revealed nothing. So...
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »
It's strange that none have been made for SMF. I wonder why :-\

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
3000th post! Wot!

You win...a....a...tap in the back!

Congratulations!
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist