10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: BASIC Gaming Issue #7 is out!  (Read 5729 times)

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
BASIC Gaming Issue #7 is out!
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Download: http://games.freebasic.net/BASICGaming/BASIC_Gaming_Issue7.zip (66.8 MB)
Read online: http://games.freebasic.net/BASICGaming/Issue7/index.html

Keep up the good work guys! Almost a year of BASIC Gaming! Yay!
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
Re: BASIC Gaming Issue #7 is out!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:38:34 PM »
Sweet :P

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
What's happened to you dude? Where's my mini RPG?

Women?
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

BadMrBox

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • BadMrBox.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
Lol, nothing happened to me Lachie :). I've worked a bit on a minirpg during my vacation. I might actually finish it someday soon. I got a few tiles made for the final area in EQ done and I worked a bit on The Tales of Sophy 2. I also worked a bit on both my personal website and one for Ragnarok Games. Nothing is up yet. So, I'm have been creative but my focus is all over the place.
How are you oen project(s) going?

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:27:04 PM »
Similar stuff. Trying to get some focus thought, because I see now that the current approach isn't getting me anywhere. Too much wandering.

Trying to get better in drawing and in the same time in pixel art, but it's taking a lot of time and focus, so I think I'll try to concentrate more, in the same time, on actually doing something tangible, finishing my Bozula Block Buster game, I mean, improve in pixel art specifically by dealing with that game.

Currently working on another issue of BASIC Gaming as well. Writing a tutorial, tracking some FB projects. Actually, hoping something notable will appear. It's been a bit slow.

Glad to hear your are developing stuff, even thought it's slow. If you have any exclusive info/screenshots for BASIC Gaming, let me know.

Good luck!

SMC

• Recruit
  • 9999HP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »
Nice issue.  Keep up the good work.  I'm late to the part, but work has been killing me these past few months.  Hopefully things will slow down and I can get back to doing stuff I enjoy.  First I have to mow the lawn, though.  :-\  It's a freaking jungle out there!