10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: FBGD Gameplay Combo Competition (Nov 2010 - Jan 2011) - 200 $ 1st prize award!  (Read 96369 times)

Brick Break

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
Competition closed! Redownloading all the entries as we speak. Thank you for participating.

I'll open a community vote thread today or tomorrow, and I'll try to finish rating all the games this or next week. Thank you for your patience.
Better have it as a regular thread, not a poll. We don't want people voting for themselves.

StefanPN

• Recruit
  • Stefan Kostić
    • MSN Messenger - stefanpn@live.com
    • View Profile
    • www.stefanpn.co.nr
    • Email
Too bad ChangeV didn't finished his entry, I like that demo.

ssjx's Adventure for Breakfast is great, but I've also liked N3trunn3r's Witchcraft Adventure even I am not an RPG lover.

Witchcraft Adventure looks like a finished product compared to others.

And yes, BadCaveGuy - ("Wurm" like game) in text mode is flickering (almost unplayable) under XP and Win 7, tried it out on three computers always with the same result.

Great work guys!

KristopherWindsor

• Forum Sage
  • The Thirsty Smiley
    • View Profile
    • Reddit/r/pics
    • Email
And yes, BadCaveGuy - ("Wurm" like game) in text mode is flickering (almost unplayable) under XP and Win 7, tried it out on three computers always with the same result.

Ah, too bad. :/
I'm running Vista, and it is flicker-free for me.

Lithium

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I had started writing a game for this, then realized I would make more money selling it as an iPhone app. My apologies, I'll give out some promo codes so some of you can download it for free when it's released.

Lachie Dazdarian

• Double dipper
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - lachie13
    • View Profile
    • The Maker Of Stuff
    • Email
Sellout!

:P
"Things like Basic and Free Basic provide much-needed therapy and a return to sanity and a correct appreciation of people. The arrogant folk really hate a word like 'Basic' - fine, and good riddance." ~ pragmatist

Lithium

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I'd rather be my own boss, and make my own money doing what I love, than working for 'capitalist pigs', getting ripped off, and only doing what I enjoy in my few spare moments. I still love the FB/QB community. I was 'raised' here, so-to-speak. I don't want to see this die nor do plan to not contribute.

KristopherWindsor

• Forum Sage
  • The Thirsty Smiley
    • View Profile
    • Reddit/r/pics
    • Email

Lithium

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Sorry, that's not my view. I it was a quote intended to invoke memory in a specific person.

Mitchell

• Forum Howler
  • Rockin Geek
    • View Profile
    • Email
Me, I'm just in it to get a better score than what I got for t-tanks. I don't know if Lachie has yet to forgive me for that. :P
Never underestimate the destructive powers of somebody doing something new without having any clue of how to do it. :P