10.03.2019 - Round 1 results of our "A Love Letter For FreeBASIC" game dev competition have been published. Please be sure to check the results thread: http://games.freebasic.net/forum/index.php?topic=629.0. Don't forget that the competition is continuing with a round 2, lasting till 29th of April, 300 USD first prize. Stay tuned!

Author Topic: Project almost ready for release...  (Read 4172 times)

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dr_davenstein
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
Project almost ready for release...
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:56:46 PM »
Hey guys. This is not a FreeBASIC project, but I wanted to post it here because FreeBASIC is my first love, and I love the community.
Sir_mud and I have been working on this one for a while. We've been in closed alpha testing for a while, with not much help... besides Lachie. He actually did. Thanks again man.
Since that didn't go quite as planned, we're going to be moving to open Beta testing... hopefully that goes better.
So, anyway, here's a video I made showing off some of the gameplay. We plan to make a proper trailer, but we still have some polishing to do on the game itself.

Bloosh Promo Video

nkk_kan

• Forum Howler
  • Let's rocK~!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nkk_kan
    • View Profile
    • nkk's code cache
    • Email
Re: Project almost ready for release...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »
That  looks interesting!  :)
Judging by the trailer, it looks like a puzzle game involving lots of whirlygooglies (my favourite kind!)

I'm up for beta testing if you're going to open beta it.
What language and libraries are you using here?

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 11:08:33 PM »
Thanks man! Right now it's Android only, but we're planning a PC release as well. We're using the Unity engine with C# and Java for programming the actual game logic and communication, and we're using JSON to save/load levels. As far as libraries go, we're using our own utility library we created specifically for Unity, plus some required plugins from Google. We have a a fully functional level editor too. It includes a digital signal generator, logic gates(AND, OR, NOT and a Clock) There are all kinds of mechanical devices...  Pistons, saws, spawners for the sentinel bots, emitters for launching projectiles, etc... It has switches, such as pressure plates, blast detectors, trip wires, toggle switches, etc... It also has a dialogue editor for banter with the boss. :p All of these things can be connected together in different ways using the level editor. You can do pretty much anything. You can share your creations online as well. Right now, there are 20 levels that sir_mud and I have created, which will be the main story levels. Anyway, open beta is coming soon. We're really hoping to get it out there this weekend. We did run a closed alpha, with really limited feedback, which was pretty disappointing. Hopefully an open beta will be more fruitful. We've worked really hard on this thing, so it's nice to get some feedback. Thanks for checking it out man. When it's available, we'll let you know. :)

ecxjoe

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Delta Code
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
How's it coming?

Dr_D

• Forum Sage
    • View Profile
    • Dr_D's apps
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 05:09:15 PM »
lol... HOLY SHNIKES!!! It's current year?!!!

Oh well. Here's the beta desktop installer for that game, if anyone cares. lol

http://users.freebasic-portal.de/dr_d/demos/Bloosh%20Desktop%20Beta%20Installer.exe